Trees of Remembrance
There are sometimes family and friends who can't be with us on Christmas, and our Trees of Remembrance are way to remember them on this special time of year.
· Trees start 9th Dec at both New Worlds Whangaparaoa and Orewa
· Takapuna Library 13-20 Dec
· Milford Shopping Mall – ASB end 9-22 Dec
· Highbury Shopping Centre beside the Eftpos machines – 9-22 Dec
· Glenfield Mall outside Countdown 9-22 Dec
· Pak n Save Albany – 9-22 Dec
· Westfield Mall – New World end 9-22 Dec
· Countdown Barry’s Pt Rd – 9-22 Dec
The remembrance card was designed with the candle representing the "lighting up a life" and is nestled in a wreath signifying remembrance. Once you have written a message to a loved one, place it on the tree. The candles will remain there until the end of the campaign and are then removed from the tree and returned to Hospice.
The cards will be cremated allowing the smoke to float skyward and the ash from the candles will be returned to Hospice where the Chaplin will perform a blessing and prayer as the ash is sprinkled over the garden in the Hospice grounds. This gives life to the plants within the garden, allowing those who work and visit Hospice to enjoy their flowering glory all year round.
Each candle is treated with the upmost respect through its journey.