Patient and Family Support
Our patient and family support team specialise in helping people like you and your family deal with the emotional, social and spiritual challenges of life limiting illness. This team consists of a counsellor, spiritual care coordinator, social worker, bereavement support co-ordinator and cultural liaison for Maori and Pacific Island people.
Each is available by appointment at Hibiscus House or to visit at your home, if your mobility is limited. The service they provide is free of charge and totally confidential.
We believe that emotional and spiritual pain are just as real and deserving of attention as physical pain so if you feel that you, your family members or your carers would benefit from this support, please ask your Hospice nurse or call the Patient and Family Support Team direct on (09) 421 9180.
Professional counselling is available to:
· Support you, your family members or carers on a one to one basis.
· Support families and carers in a group setting.
· Help explain and prepare you and your family for the journey ahead and the grief process.
· Offer assistance where past issues are unresolved.
· Discuss any tasks you may wish to complete.
Spiritual and religious supportSpirituality means different things to different people. Hibiscus Hospice makes no distinctions based on spiritual or religious beliefs you may hold - and can explore with you any matters relating to spirituality. We can also:
· Give support and guidance in specific areas of your faith or spirituality.
· Provide readings, blessings and other rituals that you or your family might find helpful.
· Assist you to make the most of your remaining days.